Fundraising – Support the Lafayette Band
The members of the Lafayette Band give 100% effort on the marching field and in the concert hall. Parents and band families must give 100% effort to the fundraising opportunities that are provided throughout the year. As you can imagine, in an organization of this magnitude, fundraising is key to our financial success. Fundraising is one of the primary responsibilities of the Lafayette Band Association. Remember…Successful Fundraising = Successful Band Program. Scroll down for an overview of all LBA fundraising choices. If you have any questions about fundraising or wish to volunteer, please contact: Brenda Boggs (859) 806-1967 firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising phone number is (859) 559-0333
Shopping at Amazon? Click this link and Lafayette can earn money while you shop.
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com. top
Searching and Shopping?
Earn money for the band by searching and shopping online at GoodSearch or GoodShop. GoodShop, an online shopping mall of over 100 of your favorite merchants dedicated to helping fund worthy causes across the country. Each purchase made via the GoodShop mall results in a donation to the Lafayette Band Association averaging approximately 3% of the sale, but going up to 20% or even more. Just enter “Lafayette Band Association” to credit LBA. top
Throughout the year, restaurants in the Lafayette community host “restaurant nights” that allow LBA families to enjoy a meal, while we support the band! LBA receives a percentage of all purchases made during these special events. Watch for announcements in weekly e-news, on the Lafayette Band web site, and in our monthly newsletter.
Lafayette Band Raffle.
WHAT: 2014-15 Spring Raffle for a $10,000 Cash Prize! WHO: All Lafayette Band families are asked to sell 25 tickets to make this successful and profitable! Band payments cover only a portion of the expenses of this championship program. Fundraising profits pay for uniforms, instruments, band camp instructors, travel/food/lodging at competitions, and much more! WHEN: Ticket sales begin on March 26th through March 27th. All tickets (SOLD and UNSOLD) must be returned. WHERE: The drawing for the $10,000 Grand Prize will take place at the Spring Concert on Monday, May 20 at the UK Singletary Center for the Arts. DOWNLOAD THE HANDOUT Includes all fundraiser and prize information. THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW: 1. Tickets are sold for $10.00 each (cash or checks payable to LBA). The winning ticket must include the purchaser’s address and telephone number for prize notification. Each ticket is perforated. The purchaser keeps the larger portion for their records and completes the smaller portion which will be returned to LBA for inclusion in the drawing.
- Multiple rewards for selling are available to the students and parents this year, along with “Section Competitions”
- Anyone can win! There is no age requirement, and you do not have to be present to win. Band members and their families are eligible to win!
- Watch e-news for obtaining more tickets to sell and collection dates/times.
- DO NOT turn in ANY tickets or money to Mr. Smith or Doc!
- Parents are allowed to sell tickets in the Bingo hall.
- Consider promoting the raffle through your Facebook and other social media sites.
- The raffle is conducted under Kentucky Charitable Gaming Commission rules and regulations. All Federal and State tax rules apply. Tickets are consecutively numbered and must be accounted for through independent audit prior to the drawing. All tickets (sold and unsold) must be returned no later than Monday, May 11. If tickets are not returned, the student will be responsible for payment for those tickets. These will be charged directly to the students band account.
Lafayette Band Discount Card Fundraiser–July/August
A perennial community favorite, the annual Lafayette Band Discount Card Fundraiser kicks off at the first LBA Parent Meeting in July. The Discount Card is sold for $10 and provides year long savings and buy-one, get-one free offers at merchants located throughout Lexington. The cards serve both as a fundraiser for the Lafayette Band and as an advertisement for businesses in our community. top
Cheese and Sausage Fundraiser–August/September
As one of the oldest and most successful fundraisers of the Lafayette Band, each year in August and September, the band members sell quality Wisconsin Real Cheese, Summer Sausage varieties and gift packs. Adding to the success of this fundraiser, the Band also has available high-end wrapping papers and premium candles. This fundraiser provides a wonderful opportunity to prepare for upcoming holidays, while supporting the Lafayette Band. top
Fruit and Wreath Fundraiser–November/December
Kroger Gift Card
ENROLL IN THE KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
Lafayette Band NPO Number 10043
- Simply encourage your members to register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
- If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at anyKroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
Lafayette Football Program
In July of each year, we kickoff one of the key fundraisers for the Pride of the Bluegrass — the sale of advertisements for the LHS football program. Previous advertisers include local businesses, restaurants, physicians, dental and legal practices, churches, political campaigns, financial institutions, and just about any thing else you can imagine! Every ad sold provides financial assistance to the band. The Football Program Committee will distribute information on this fundraiser via the Band’s newsletter, mass email, and LBA Parent Meetings. P.S. The band also profits from the sale of the football programs at Lafayette home games!
Pingback: e-News for the Week of May-15th |
Pingback: e-News for the Week of May-29th |
Pingback: e-News for the Week of June-5th |